The Arts United Awards presentation is Northeast Indiana’s premier celebration of the people, organizations, and businesses that make significant contributions through arts and culture to communities throughout our region.
2021 Arts United Awards
Congratulations to our 2021 Arts United Award Recipients!
- Andre Portee
- Art This Way (Mayor’s Arts Award)
- Chalk Walk at Home
- David Meyer (Lifetime Achievement Award)
- Fort Wayne Civic Theatre’s 1776
- Francisco Reyes
- The Honeywell Foundation
- Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
- Rachael Driscoll
Information for 2022 Arts United Award nominations will be made available in Fall 2021.
As COVID-19 has impacted the majority of arts and culture activity throughout 2020, Arts United, in partnership with Fort Wayne’s NBC, celebrates those who have continued to contribute to our creative community in the midst of uncertainty in lieu of the traditional awards ceremony. Recognition categories include:
- IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that demonstrate significant work to improve Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and/or Access through arts and culture.
- Innovation, Creativity, and/or Artistry – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that contribute to our community in ways that are innovative and/or creative, as well as those who demonstrate exceptional artistry within their medium of art.
- Resilience and Adaptiveness during COVID-19 – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that have found unique and/or notable ways to be both resilient and adaptive during COVID-19.
All eligible nominees dedicated to arts and culture will be recognized at the 2021 Arts United Awards. Nominations are reviewed by an all-volunteer committee of community members using any of the following criteria:
- Significance of the contribution and/or achievement;
- Breadth and/or depth of the population served; and
- Degree of creativity and/or innovation.
Nominations recognize individuals, teams, and/or organizations who are making artistic and cultural contributions to one or more communities located within the 12-county region of northeast Indiana that includes Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Miami, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, and Whitley counties.