Arts United announced today the Community Connections: Southeast Arts Project Grants program recipients. This program, administered by Arts United of Greater Fort Wayne and energized by NIPSCO and the NiSource Charitable Foundation, is intended to bring together residents in Southeast Fort Wayne to enhance a sense of pride and community through unique artistic experiences. Grants will provide funding to support arts and culture projects in Southeast Fort Wayne.
The recipients of the Community Connections grants are:
- Bridge of Grace Compassionate Ministries Center – $5,000 for four cultural celebrations in partnership with Levan R. Scott Academy
- Bunche Montessori Early Childhood Education Center – $5,000 for Bunche Montessori Art Garden, an outdoor art studio and an interactive mural
- Fort Wayne Dance Collective – $5,000 for Dance for Community partnership at Renaissance Pointe YMCA, Southeast Allen County Public Libraries, and McMillen Park Community Center
- Levan R. Scott Academy – $5,000 for 12 weeks of music education and Music Fest with Purdue Fort Wayne
- Paul Harding Junior High School – $5,000 for East Allen University and Southeast Community Concert Band and Instrumentation education
- Rohli Booker – $5,000 for Fort Wayne Majorette Dance Camp to teach styles of dance done at Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Steven Manus – $5,000 for Stop the Violence Festival and Concert
- The Art Leadership Center – $5,000 for the Macknificent Freedom Fest official Juneteenth celebration
- The Shepherd’s Hand Community Outreach Center – $5,000 for the “First Steps in Music for Infants and Toddlers” programming in partnership with Fort Wayne Children’s Choir
- Whitney Young Early Childhood Center – $4,800 for a STEAM Mural and Artist Residency with Lyndy Bazile
For more information about the Community Connections grants, visit artsunited.org.
About Arts United
Arts United is a private, nonprofit local arts agency that serves Northeast Indiana through arts advocacy and promotion, fundraising and grantmaking, back-office business support, community and economic development, and Arts Campus Fort Wayne coordination. Arts United’s mission is to mobilize resources to develop, coordinate, and support arts and culture, enhancing the quality of life and the economic vitality of Northeast Indiana.
Northern Indiana Public Service Company LLC (NIPSCO), with headquarters in Merrillville, Indiana, has proudly served the energy needs of northern Indiana for more than 100 years. As Indiana’s largest natural gas distribution company and the second-largest electric distribution company, NIPSCO serves approximately 850,000 natural gas and 483,000 electric customers across 32 counties. NIPSCO is part of NiSource’s (NYSE: NI) six regulated utility companies. NiSource is one of the largest fully regulated utility companies in the United States, serving approximately 3.7 million natural gas and electric customers through its local Columbia Gas and NIPSCO brands. More information about NIPSCO and NiSource is available at NIPSCO.com and NiSource.com.