Fort Wayne, IN – Arts United will host the Taste of the Arts festival on Saturday, August 29, 2020 in an all-online celebration of the rich diversity of arts and culture in the community. Arts United’s board, staff, and Taste of the Arts Steering Committee are committed to the safety of our attendees, performers, artists, staff, and volunteers. Under the guidance of Governor Holcomb’s Back on Track plan, the Allen County Department of Health, and the Center for Disease Control, the safety of the community required changes to the presentation of traditional on-campus activities. The festival will return to Arts Campus Fort Wayne in August 2021.
Thad Tegtmeyer, Arts United board member and Taste of the Arts Festival Chair, explains that this year’s version presents a new experience that will provide greater access to arts and cultural experiences in the community. “Arts and Culture are powerful tools for dialogue and unity, and it is important that we provide a platform through Taste of the Arts for our artists to share their voices, and celebrate the creativity they bring to our community,” said Tegtmeyer.
The 2020 Taste of the Arts will feature many of activities of the traditional festival:
- Three online-streamed “stages” of music, dance, and theatre performances – all accessible from Arts United’s website, Facebook Live, and YouTube Live, with the ability to support participating artists directly.
- NIPSCO STEAM Park – an online hub to explore local and regional arts and culture organizations and at-home kids’ activities
- Artlink’s The Art Market – an online marketplace of handmade goods and art available for purchase by local and regional artists
- Restaurant Row – online access to carry out options from restaurants who have participated in Taste of the Arts previously.
Several partner organizations plan to host events in cooperation with Taste of the Arts. Arts United supports the creative activities of our partners and looks forward to future announcements from the following participants regarding their 2020 event plans:
- Fort Wayne Artist Guild Kekionga Plein Air Event
- YLNI Farmers Market
- Downtown Improvement District BuskerFest
Arts United’s board of directors and staff welcome everyone to celebrate the diverse, creative community and encourage all to follow the latest CDC and Allen County Department of Health guidelines regarding limiting personal contact and practicing social distancing to minimize the community impact of COVID-19.
Taste of the Arts 2020 is sponsored by: 1st Source Bank, Arc Point Productions, Current Mechanical, Do It Best, Indiana Michigan Power, Ivy Tech Community College, NIPSCO, Parrish Leasing, Physicians Health Plan, and Strahm Building Solutions.