FORT WAYNE, IN (September 9, 2021) – Arts United announced today that nominations are open for the 2022 Arts United Awards. Presented this year by Ruoff Mortgage, the Arts United Awards is Northeast Indiana’s premier celebration of the people, organizations, and businesses that make significant contributions through arts and culture to communities throughout our region.
In 2021, Arts United shifted away from specific award categories in order to recognize as many outstanding nominees as possible. Some categories will remain, such as the Margaret Ann Keegan Award for Arts Education and Lifetime Achievement. The Selection Committee will work diligently to honor those individuals based on a separate set of criteria.
The 2022 Arts United Awards will specifically highlight these Areas of Recognition:
- IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) – Recognizing individuals, teams, and organizations that demonstrate significant work in Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access.
- Innovation, Creativity, and/or Artistry – Recognizing individuals, teams, and organizations that contribute to the communities of Northeast Indiana in ways that are especially innovative and/or creative, as well as those who demonstrate exceptional artistry within their medium of art.
- Leadership – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that demonstrate extraordinary leadership, advocacy, philanthropy, or volunteerism.
- Arts Education and Community Engagement – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that make an exceptional contribution to the people they serve through arts or cultural programming.
Nominations are reviewed by an all-volunteer committee of community members using any of the following criteria:
- Extent to which the nominee embodies one or more Areas of Recognition
- Significance of the contribution and/or achievement
- Breadth and/or depth of the population served
- Degree of creativity and/or innovation
Nominees should be individuals, teams, and/or organizations who are making artistic and cultural contributions to one or more communities located within the 12-county region of Northeast Indiana that includes Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Miami, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, and Whitley counties.
Nominations are due October 8, 2021. Nominate an eligible party by filling out the nomination form available at artsunited.org/advocacy/awards. Further details about the award celebration will be announced at a later date.