FORT WAYNE, IN – Arts United is now accepting applications for the 2021 Arts United Awards. Arts United will approach the 2021 Arts United Awards celebration with a new format that recognizes individuals, teams, and organizations that have remained responsive and proactive in response to COVID-19 and a national call-to-action surrounding issues of inclusion and equity.
Arts United will celebrate those who are actively contributing to the communities of Northeast Indiana through arts and culture. Recognition categories include (in no particular order):
- IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that demonstrate significant work to improve Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and/or Access through arts and culture.
- Innovation, Creativity, and/or Artistry – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that contribute to our community in ways that are innovative and/or creative, as well as those who demonstrate exceptional artistry within their medium of art.
- Resilience and Adaptiveness during COVID-19 – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that have found unique and/or notable ways to be both resilient and adaptive during COVID-19.
All eligible nominees will be recognized at the 2021 Arts United Awards. Nominations are reviewed by an all-volunteer committee of community members using any of the following criteria:
- Significance of the contribution and/or achievement;
- Breadth and/or depth of the population served; and
- Degree of creativity and/or innovation.
“In a challenging year for the industry, our artistic community has used their creativity to reimagine how to keep serving and thriving in Northeast Indiana,” said Nancy Stewart, Arts United Board Member and Arts United Awards Committee Chair. “With this forward momentum, the committee decided that a different type of recognition from our traditional award categories is necessary.”
Nominations should recognize individuals, teams, and/or organizations who are making artistic and cultural contributions to one or more communities located within the 12-county region of northeast Indiana that includes Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Miami, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, and Whitley counties.
Nominations are due October 16, 2020. Nominate an eligible party by filling out the nomination form available at artsunited.org/advocacy/arts-united-awards. Further details about the award celebration will be announced at a later date.