The Arts United Awards presentation is Northeast Indiana’s premier celebration of the people, organizations, and businesses that make significant contributions through arts and culture to communities throughout our region.
The 13th annual Arts United Awards ceremony will take place in January 2021.
2021 Arts United Awards
Nominations due October 16, 2020!
As COVID-19 has impacted the majority of arts and culture activity throughout 2020, Arts United would like to approach the 2021 Arts United Awards celebration in a way that recognizes individuals, teams, and organizations that have remained responsive and proactive.
In lieu of traditional awards, Arts United will celebrate those who have continued to contribute to our creative community in the midst of uncertainty. Recognition categories include (in no particular order):
- IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that demonstrate significant work to improve Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and/or Access through arts and culture.
- Innovation, Creativity, and/or Artistry – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that contribute to our community in ways that are innovative and/or creative, as well as those who demonstrate exceptional artistry within their medium of art.
- Resilience and Adaptiveness during COVID-19 – Recognizing individuals, teams, and/or organizations that have found unique and/or notable ways to be both resilient and adaptive during COVID-19.
All eligible nominees dedicated to arts and culture will be recognized at the 2021 Arts United Awards. Nominations are reviewed by an all-volunteer committee of community members using any of the following criteria:
- Significance of the contribution and/or achievement;
- Breadth and/or depth of the population served; and
- Degree of creativity and/or innovation.
Nominations should recognize individuals, teams, and/or organizations who are making artistic and cultural contributions to one or more communities located within the 12-county region of northeast Indiana that includes Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Miami, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, and Whitley counties.